Under general supervision of a
Radiologist, the Interventional Radiology (IR) Technologist performs IR
procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic,
or hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for
the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
The IR Technologist maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by
following established standards and procedures.
The IR Technologist job duties
include, but are not limited to:
- UtilizesAIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient servicerequirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, andestablish rapport with patients and others.
- Instructs/communicateswith patient and/or patients family regarding the test to be performed andassesses patients ability to tolerate exam.
- Preparespatient or area for IR procedure by positioning patient, adjustingimmobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjustingequipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protectspatients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control,drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques.
- Workswith engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities ofequipment.
- Maintainsmedical imaging records in appropriate system and according to departmentpolicies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
- Assistsleadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards andrecords for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizationsby complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH andACR.
The ideal candidate for the IR
Technologist role will be able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatory
standards, policies and procedures.
Location/Facility Baylor Scott & White Dallas
more information on the facility, please click ourLocationslink.
Specialty/Department/Practice Radiology (Special Procedures)
Shift/Schedule Full Time/ w call (30 min response time to hospital)
Benefits Our competitive benefits
Immediate eligibility for
health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with
dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest
not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United
States. With a commitment to and a track
record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient,
BSWH stands to be one of the nations exemplary health care organizations. Founded
as a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the
well-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joining
our team is not just accepting a job, it is accepting a calling!
- Graduateof an Accredited Program
- AmericanRegistry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT-R) Certification
- AmericanRegistry of Radiologic Technologists in Cardiac-Interventional (ARRT-CI) or InterventionalRadiography (ARRT-VI) Certification
- MedicalRadiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- BasicLife Support (BLS) Certification
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus (for New Hires w/ IR Experience)