General Summary: An exempt position responsible for developing, analyzing and evaluating data to create and maintain business intelligence that supports the strategic objectives and clinical mission of the company. Also responsible for supporting business intelligence tools, analytics applications and end-users of these systems.
Location: Dallas, TX or Tulsa, OK
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create, manage, coordinate and deliver monthly/quarterly/annual reports based on schedule.
- Monitor the accuracy, completeness and validity of reporting prior to distribution and ensure the integrity of data through ongoing analysis.
- Maintain business intelligence methods, databases, dashboards, tools and other analytics systems.
- Create and maintain documentation of knowledge assets, such as data mapping, data flows, dashboard content and data dictionaries.
- Perform ad hoc analysis using data from different sources (source systems, data warehouse, external websites, etc.).
- Modify and enhance existing reports to meet business needs
- Present and explain results to internal and external customers
- Proactively continue self-development and stay current with industry standards for report design and development, relevant health care issues and other industry initiatives relevant to our business
- 5 years of client reporting experience required. A degree in Accounting, Business, Data Science, Data Analytics, Health Informatics, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Marketing or Math can substitute for 2 or 4 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years working with Tableau, Power BI or similar systems
- Experience working with clinical data or medical claims data strongly preferred
- Background in statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Must communicate well with team members and ancillary resources
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise critical thinking and logical reasoning
- Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets