Req Number: 12828
The General Manager (GM) is a performance driven leader and mentor to all onsite direct reports. This position provides the overall supervision of a HOA community, interacting with board members, home owners, vendors, committee members as well as staff of the Client Shared Services Center (CSSC) of Associa and with Somerset offices.
The GM will work collaboratively with the board on homeowner services, facility management, project oversight, Committees, proactive and clear communication with all residents and management of employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage functionality of all Emergency and Fire Safety systems and procedures throughout the property. Ensure all emergency phone tree contacts within each Property Emergency Manual are current with valid contact information.
- Provide leadership and oversight in general operations of the property.
- Foster a positive workplace environment with clear lines of communication.
- Work collaboratively with branch management, Human Resources and on-site management on any employee issues as they develop.
- Recruiting, orientation and onboarding of all new employees.
- Attends all board meetings, providing an agenda, status of prior meeting action items, meeting materials and new business recommendations.
- Liaison with any and all committees, meeting on a regular schedule basis to provide resources and open communication channels with the board.
- Oversee timely and accurate ADP payroll processing each pay period
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Prepare a draft annual operating budget for board’s review and approval, according to the Governing Docs
- Create and oversee a Preventive Maintenance schedule that covers all key assets including: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, infrastructure, electronic systems, security access and building infrastructure. The GM reviews worked performed with the Chief Engineer and then reports progress to the board during the monthly board meeting.
- Responds to repairs and maintenance items that occur with the Chief Engineer.
Administration & Operations
- Provides training and resources for employees to conduct their duties with reasonable ease.
- Establishes performance accountability by department that is documented regularly.
- Assemble and share a weekly update report to the board of directors, with bullet points of action items accomplish, and a status of those projects still in progress.
- Author and distribute a periodic all-home owner newsletter / update, so residents can know what is going on and better appreciate the work involved in increasing the value of their property.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong track record of increasing Employee Engagement and Satisfaction through a hands-on collaborative leadership style.
- Proven ability to generate a high level of board and home owner satisfaction at a sustained level.
- Professional communication skills that are effective at all levels of the organization as well as our clients, board members, vendors, bankers, attorneys, contractors and strategic partners. Proficient in written, verbal and public delivery of communication.
- Confidentiality and discretion in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Solid knowledge of Accounting, Financial statements and Managerial reports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of product (WORD, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Facility Management, including Preventive Maintenance, Work Orders, Operations, Capital Project oversight and Reserve Study management.
- Detail orientation with strong follow up skills, establishing accountability.
- Clear analytical and problem-solving ability, the decisions of which may impact several stakeholders.
- Proactive analysis of related information and options on each topic, enabling you to come to the board with proposed solutions and options vs. just identifying a problem exists.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of Management experience at property level.
With more than 180 branch offices across North America, Associa delivers unsurpassed management and lifestyle services to nearly five million residents worldwide. Our 10,000+ team members lead the industry with unrivaled education, expertise and trailblazing innovation. For more than 40 years, Associa has provided solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more, visit www.associaonline.com.