The Fund Accountant will be a part of our Private Equity division assisting in the administration of various clients. The candidate will be an integral part of the STRAIT team, helping to drive client deliverables and internal process efficiencies. This position provides significant growth opportunities.
- Independently preparing journal entries and maintaining the general ledger for assigned partnerships
- Executing close duties, including preparing financial statements and footnotes
- Preparing and recording capital activity, including capital calls, distributions, and transfers
- Researching and resolving questions independently by leveraging a solid understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, fund structures, and fund documents
- Liaising with and supporting clients’ service providers, including audit and tax firms
- Creating and managing client-specific process documentation
- Contributing to the evaluation and implementation of process efficiencies and improvements
- Performing bank account reconciliations
- Fulfilling other ad-hoc tasks, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or other related field
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- One (1) or more years of experience in accounting preferred
- One (1) or more years of experience in private equity preferred
- Experience using FIS Investran preferred
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Windows based software, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, taste and smell.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Sponsorship for professional organizations, memberships, & events
- Complimentary on-site gym access
- Professional development
- Team trips, outings, and lots of fun!
- New hire PTO – 20 + 1 “You” Day
- 12 hours PTO for community service
- 10.5 paid holidays per year
- Full health benefits
- Bonus upon passing the CPA or bar exam
- Paid parental leave
- 401 (k) Plan with matching
STRAIT is a professional services firm offering comprehensive accounting solutions for hedge funds, private equity firms, family offices and management companies. Services include full fund administration, compliance services, middle office operations, CFO suite services, investor services, and performance and risk reporting. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, STRAIT has clients nationwide and is backed by an industry leading team of CPAs, CFAs, JDs, and MBAs – no bookkeepers and no paraprofessionals.