Executive Assistant IV
Req Number: 235177
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant
- 3 years advanced experience utilizing Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; and as applicable, One Note or Access
- 2 years of experience in Project Management
Executive Assistant IV
The Executive Assistant IV role, under minimal supervision, will be responsible for providing routine general administrative support to a senior executive BE4 and/or MEC member. This role will regularly interact with the executive management and all levels of employees from across the organization. This role will often interact with external parties such as clients and/or customers and may oversee the work of other administrative professionals.
Successful incumbents possess Customer Focus, Comfort Around Higher Management, Dealing with Ambiguity, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Skills, Organizing, Priority Setting, and Time Management.
- Manages calendars, schedules meetings, and coordinates events/meetings for the department on the behalf of executive.
- Triages incoming electronic and physical mail and request for priority action. Ensures documentation for meetings is readily available and schedules preparation time for review and actions.
- Manages, distributes or delegates work to assigned leaders within the organization on behalf of manager.
- Screens incoming phone calls, often intercepting and resolving issues prior to reaching managers.
- Books travel and completes expense reports for managers and team.
- Facilitates seamless communications between the executive and both internal and external parties.
- Coordinates meetings including large, complex meetings that span multiple days, locations and departments.
- Gathers, compiles, verifies, and analyzes information for the executive's use in memos, letters, reports, speeches, presentations, etc.
- Performs advanced administrative support specific to assigned functional area with a limited supervision.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and security for the senior executive's files.
- Trains and/or mentors other Executive Assistants.
- Monitors, reviews, and approves expenditures related to department's budget.
- Manages department data and runs reports, such as key performance metrics, compliance and training.
- Organizes department programs and events (recognition events).
- Maintains the department's SharePoint site ensuring data is updated and accurate.
- Coordinates with various nonprofit boards and affiliations in which executive is engaged.
- When applicable, works with outside vendor to ensure distribution of a variety of sports and entertainment tickets.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Category B - 3-4 days in office on designated days/1-2 days remote
Comerica Bank Tower
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background and fingerprint check.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.