Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS, you can procure compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer with AWS Americas Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement, you will be working in a large, complex, and dynamic data environment. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with an uncanny ability to integrate multiple heterogeneous data sources to build efficient, flexible, and scalable data warehouse and reporting solutions. The ideal candidate has deployed analytics platforms to 5000+ users, optimizing the architecture for performance and positive end-user experience. You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and implementing solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the platform. You demonstrate solid communication skills and the ability to partner with Research Scientists and business owners across technical and non-technical teams to develop and define key business questions, then build the solutions that answer those questions.
In this role, you will serve as the expert in designing, implementing, and operating a stable, scalable, low cost environment to flow information from the data warehouse into end-user facing reporting applications such as Tableau or AWS QuickSight. Above all, you will bring large datasets together to answer business questions and drive data-driven decision making.
Key responsibilities include:
· Plan, design, implement, and manage a deployment of self-service data visualization platform, in Tableau
· Create ETL procedures and SQL queries to bring data in from data warehouse and alternate data sources
· Utilize database technologies, including Redshift, AWS Athena and Tableau to design, develop, and evaluate analyses and highly innovative business intelligence tools and reporting
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses
· Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership and sales management
· Work with business owners and partners to build data sets that answer their specific business questions
· Support Sales Operations Leads, Analysts and beyond in analyzing usage data to derive new insights and fuel customer success
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 2+ year of experience in data warehousing.
· 2+ years of experience working on ETL, data modeling, business intelligence architecture
· Experience with SQL to query relevant datasets
· Understanding of advanced Data Warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
· Experience building self-service reporting solutions using business intelligence software (e.g., OBIEE, Tableau, Amazon Quicksight, etc.)
· Ability to complete projects timely, accurately and with strong attention to detail, with continuous communication of progress updates to stakeholders
· Experience with Amazon Redshift, QuickSight, S3
· Experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, or Unix shell scripts
· Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Experience with Tableau, QuickSight, OBIEE or similar BI Reporting Platform
· Data visualization and dashboarding experience
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation
· Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity
· Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including experience communicating to both business and technical teams
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across various internal organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us