Customer Care Advisor
Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
As a Customer Care Advisor, you provide exceptional customer service to ensure that customers are satisfied with Bestow’s life insurance products, services, and features. You provide helpful information, answer questions, and diffuse potential complaints. You are empathetic and work across departments to share customer feedback to help Bestow make customer-centric decisions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience for customers through phone, email, and live chat channels.
- Engage customers directly to support them through their life insurance purchasing journey, including educating the customer about life insurance products, assisting with questions about the application process, and resolving technical issues.
- Fulfill customer change requests related to life insurance policy management.
- Grow your life insurance expertise as you develop subject mastery of life insurance products and features.
- Drive continuous improvement to delight customers by acting as the voice of the customer to identify and communicate better ways to serve our customers.
- Work with designers and product managers to share feedback on customer experience pain points.
- 2+ years experience supporting customers on chat, phone, and email in a professional environment within designated SLAs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- You’re empathetic, emotionally intelligent, and able to understand customer needs by putting yourself in the customer’s shoes; if there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away
- You’re a strong verbal and written communicator, and explain complex ideas clearly and simply. You can communicate with many different personality types and roles (e.g. engineers, designers, and customers).
- You quickly defuse customer anxiety through exceptional customer service skills.
- You’re a self-starter and ambitious learner who is comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced environments where technology and processes change quickly.
- You’re able to exercise independent thought and judgment, adapt to new tasks, and prioritize tasks in a multi-task environment.
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues by bringing solutions to the table and to point out where we’re going wrong.
- Experience with Hubspot or similar CRMs (e.g. Salesforce, ZenDesk, Kustomer)
- Experience working in insurance or fintech, or possession of a Life Insurance Agent License a big plus
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary, bonus, & stock options
- Open PTO plan
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Generous equity grant based on level
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.