Contact Center Flow Coordinator, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Inc.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off
Plus Additional Benefits
Position Title: Contact Center Flow Coordinator
Location: Dallas, TX (North)
Reports To: Contact Center Senior Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
- The Contact Center Flow Coordinator provides leadership assistance to the Contact Center Manager to ensure cohesive, customer-focused, productive centers in a professional team environment. This position performs a variety of services related to Call Center (Contact Center) administration in a family planning, reproductive, and abortion provider healthcare services with a focus on patient care, primarily answering phone calls and online requests to make appointments, addressing questions, and offering service referrals as needed. Also responsible for patient data input, providing general health and contraceptive information, and other clerical functions. Creates a positive first impression with callers by providing professional, efficient and caring service. Performs duties to ensure productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Follow affiliate protocols, policies and procedures and any center-specific policies and procedures. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Participates as a member of a team providing confidential, quality patient services, allowing patients to maintain a sense of dignity, trust and safety. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations
- Assists the Contact Center Manager to maintain constant monitoring of the contact center floor to ensure a professional environment that meets productivity expectations.
- Provides support, coaching, and guidance to other Contact Center team members in job functions/duties/protocols.
- Serves as a role model for exemplary customer services relations.
- Assists in the efficient day-to-day operation of the contact center.
- May train less experienced Contact Center team members in job functions/duties/protocols.
- Participates in effective communication among team members.
- Provides feedback to the Contact Center Manager on day-to-day operation of the contact center, areas of concern, and recommendations.
- May provide direct feedback to contact center representatives in order to continually improve in quality, accuracy and patient satisfaction.
- Answers high volume of calls and schedules appointments in appointment database system.
- Handles escalated calls, complaints, and questions as necessary.
- Processes on-line appointment requests and schedules appointments in database system.
- Triages calls to a Clinician as needed.
- ·Facilitates cross functional communication across departments as needed in support of unique needs of health centers, funding, and target patients.
- Effectively monitors and reports bottlenecks in contact center floor volume and flow to management.
- Provides information about all services including abortion services offered at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT).
- Provides directions to the health center, hours of operation, services offered, prices and referrals to outside providers for services not offered.
- Screens patients’ financial status and confirms fee information.
- Receives, manages and directs calls from patients for all agency reproductive healthcare services and programs in accordance with call management protocols including but not limited to:
- Completes full registration for all new patients and insurance verifications if applicable.
- Reviews and updates patient demographics, eligibility, authorization, and appointment time and location.
- Routes calls to appropriate department or health center for assistance as appropriate.
- Provides assistance to patients regarding appointment time, directions, health center hours, etc.
- Places reminder phone calls for scheduled appointments.
- Maintains a sensitive and warm demeanor with callers.
- Supports the team and organizational decisions, displays a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and follows all policy and privacy requirements as required.
- Communicates requests and responds accurately using the appropriate procedures for contacting health center administration and staff.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of the entire organization and the programs and services available to be able to direct calls correctly and appropriately.
- Assists in patient abortion education process and protocols.
- Responds to messages correctly and promptly.
- Understands funding sources and discuss with patients as appropriate.
- May collect data and prepare reports for Contact Center Manager.
- ·Assists with the daily operations and efficiency of the Contact Center and works cooperatively with others to achieve productivity standards and exceptional customer service for Contact Center.
- Notifies appropriate personnel when issues or problems arise per PPGT protocols.
- Provides accurate, non-directive information to callers and patients including information about all Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved birth control methods, risks, side effects, infections, test for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s), and benefits of each method, including abstinence. Provides all information needed for patient to be prepared for their visit to the health center.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and insures that the patient records are secure.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of the agency and all health care services and programs in order to answer questions and direct calls correctly and appropriately.
- Takes messages that are complete, detailed, concise, spelled correctly and utilizes correct medical terminology.
- May be responsible for responding, via email, to appointment requests made through Planned Parenthood’s website.
- Participates as requested in department staff meetings.
- Has access to a client’s electronic record as needed to assist in scheduling clinic appointments and answering non-medical questions. Examples of electronic screens necessary to complete as contact center staff includes appointment scheduling, registration, inquiry, alert windows, Rx (prescription) work screen. At no time would it be necessary for a contact center employee to access any recall or e-chart screens.
- Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in a call center or in customer service. Experience scheduling patients using an automated patient management system in a healthcare environment desired. Call Center Leadership experience desired.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet. Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology. Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work other shifts including weekends.
- Fluency in Spanish/English required (if a job requirement it is documented in your employee records and periodic assessments of fluency will be performed).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong knowledge of customer care techniques.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Effective leadership capabilities; able to mentor and coach team in area of responsibility and the achievement of organization goals.
- Must be pleasant, courteous and helpful.
- Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to manage stress with multiple competing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and affect.
- Ability to manage details, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively use organization’s computer systems.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Affiliate Knowledge: Understands the mission and structure of the affiliate and exhibits agency’s core values.
- Industry Awareness: Remains aware PPFA accreditation standards and of the reproductive health environment’s regulatory compliance requirements. Understands how accreditation standards, regulatory agencies, funding, the external marketplace and competitive environment drives change within the agency.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrates a comprehensive awareness of the impact and implications of decisions and actions on other areas (departments or clinics) within the agency.
- Organizational Commitment: Demonstrates an ability and willingness to align one’s own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the agency.
- Achievement Orientation: Demonstrates desire to set and meet challenging objectives, to find a better or more efficient way to do things, and to compete against a self-defined standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to assure accomplishments of a specific objective. Determines priorities and allocates time and resources effectively.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities.
- Recovery Skills: Responds effectively and acknowledges responsibilities when clients (internal or external) experience problems or mistakes; rectifies the situation to restore client satisfaction; seeks information and collaborates with others to take action to implement permanent fixes. Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure, and or stressful conditions.
- Customer Service Orientation: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external client needs in a manner that exceeds clients’ expectations. Identifies additional needs of the client beyond their current need. Gains trust and support of peers and team members.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Acts in a way that indicates understanding and accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, feelings, strengths and limitations. Uses interpersonal understanding to shape one’s own response.
- Building Relationships: Shows genuine interest in others’ needs and opinions; establishes rapport; earns the confidence and trust of others; demonstrates consistency between words and actions; delivers on commitments.
- Communication: Speaks and presents effectively in individual or group situations, including appropriate nonverbal communication. Expresses ideas in a clear, thorough and concise manner. Actively listens to what others say. Writes using good grammatical form and appropriate style. Expresses ideas in a clear, thorough and concise manner.
- Developing Others: Strives to improve the skills of direct reports or others by providing clear, behaviorally specific feedback, effective coaching and monitoring, and development experiences and opportunities.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information from a variety of sources to identify issues and develop strategies for accomplishing goals; breaks a problem or issue into manageable, actionable parts; identifies important relationships and root causes; anticipates issues, obstacles or opportunities that may impacts plans or action.
- Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes to a situation.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices. Must be able to work other shifts including weekends.
- Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken, or any other characteristics protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”). We maintain a drug-free workplace. Should be pleasant, neat, and well-groomed in representing the agency to the general public.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, or typing. Must be able to talk such as convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately. Must be able to hear such as the ability to receive detailed communication orally. Must be able to communicate effec