AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network, employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently generating annual sales in excess of a billion dollars.
In April of 2019, AFL made a major investment in ITC Service Group, a Sacramento-based company providing broadband installation, design and staffing services to the telecommunications and IT industries.
ITC Service Group was founded in 1999 and provides managed services and workforce solutions for the nationwide planning design, construction, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video networks.
AFL and ITC were built and are operated on similar core values and philosophies. This will prove extremely beneficial to our customers and our employees.
With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect“ you to your next career opportunity!
- Remote Commissioning, Provisioning and Test of new OME6500 SONET ULH systems through final certification/verification.
- Provide field Technicians with Remote Configuration and Test support for all US Domestic LD growth and revenue projects, such as Card adds and Circuit adds.
- Support “in-service“ network system reconfigurations, supporting on site field techs with high level switching and real time review of all system activity being performed during Maintenance Events.
- Knowledge of the following System Flows to implement all projects/programs assigned nationally: SONET, ROADM, ULH, OTN Mesh
- Advanced proficiency in the Ciena product platform, preferably in the 6500s, and applicable interfaces (Site Manager/Node Manager/OneControl).