Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Technical Lead - Detroit, MI or Dallas Austin or Houston, Texas or Boca Raton, Florida
Job ID: 216379
The CRA Technical Lead will provide expertise in technical development and analytical support to the External Affairs Department while specifically supporting the CRA Data & Compliance team. This includes regulatory data management, SharePoint development and workflow management, and advanced analytical tools. This role will also manage IT collaboration and vendor deliverables pertaining to the CRA Wiz regulatory software used for regulatory submission of data for the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). Additionally, this role will mitigate regulatory risk by executing second line of defense risk management by strengthening and maintaining controls to prevent unauthorized changes to systems and data which could negatively affect the bank's reputational risk and rating.
- Develop, implement, and manage technology solutions and documentation to meet regulatory requirements. Utilize tools, such as SAS, PowerApps and PowerAutomate, to ensure data is current, accessible, accurate, and usable for submission to external regulatory agencies.
- Manage vendor deliverables and coordinate implementation with technical team for the CRA Wiz application, which is used to compile, scrub, check for government regulatory errors, and submit data to federal regulators. Coordinate with technical team on all application issues and provide after-hours testing as application SME.
- Establish, develop, and manage department SharePoint site for External Affairs Department, including file sharing with LOBs for regulatory data review. Develop workflows for request management, monitoring, and prioritization for LOB requests.
- Research, identify and integrate new data sources and technologies, such as customer demographics and complex ad hoc data extracts, maintaining an awareness of evolving regulatory guidelines (including the upcoming CRA modernization).
- Develop and provide analytical support by utilizing advanced reporting tools (such as Power BI) for management. These tools will be utilized by management to provide SLOD regulatory guidance to executive management, including division/market presidents.
- Ability to provide proactive guidance, mentoring, and training to External Affairs team-members in analytics, data collection, and reporting.
Regulatory, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Execute Second Line of Defense (SLOD) risk management relative to technology and regulatory reporting by ensuring awareness of current technology and regulatory requirements, industry best practices, controls and solutions in conjunction with Comerica's internal standards and policies.
- Support development/documentation of required SLOD risk functions and controls, including user acceptance testing of software applications, programs, and system updates. Perform annual audit and reviews of user controls, security, and information lifecycle management with sites and software
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business
- 6 years technology experience
- 2 years developing and maintaining an intranet site (such as SharePoint)
- 2 years developing advanced analytical tools
- 2 years of experience utilizing functions within Microsoft Excel (such as Vlookup and IF statements)
Comerica Bank Tower8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Monday - Friday)