Associate, Business Control & Risk Management
Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Senior Analyst Operational Risk Analyst is responsible for assisting the Manager of Operational Risk Management in implementing quantitative and qualitative measures of Operational Risk Management. This role is expected to be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, under the direction and support of the Manager of Operational Risk Management
- Assist the Manager of Operational Risk Management in the implementation and maintenance of the SC Operational Risk Management Framework and Appetite that supports SC in its business and risk governance strategies, SC Policy Framework and standards, and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain the operational Risk Management Risk Control and Self-assessment framework for SC includes processes, New products/business activities
- Quality Control (QC) testing, with respect to operational risks associated with losses and assisting with the maintenance of related reporting
- Working with SC employees including other Operational Risk Management department members in supporting a culture of strong operational risk management
- Assist in the maintenance of policies, process flows and procedures at the program level for the company.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining departmental reporting including the Weekly Escalation Report and Risk Event Status Reports
- Responsible for collecting, recording and reporting on Corporate Control Indicators on a monthly basis within strict deadlines
- Assist in the performance of ad hoc reviews of business areas identified by Management ensuring controls are operating as intended as well as working with the business area to remediate any control deficiencies
- Stay abreast of industry news and regulatory developments pertinent to the industry
- Assist in the assessment of new business initiatives
- Help promote and instill a culture of operational risk management and operational excellence across the business.
- Complete special projects as assigned by any member of the Operational Risk Management supervisory team.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, require
- Risk and Control knowledge - Must possess an awareness of internal controls and risk management
- Functional experience - Must have five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in consumer auto finance, banking, business management, project management, risk management and/or internal audit
- Business experience - Must have experience in a national, performance-driven organization
- Proficient understanding of financial services regulatory requirements
- Proficient reporting skills
- Ability to use MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work closely and build trust with management
- Demonstrable professional integrity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality Preferences:
- Relevant certifications, including CIA, CCSA, CPA, or CRMA, preferred
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, pull or lift materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.