Assistant Executive Housekeeper
TMI Hospitality Dallas, TX
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in ensuring clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of guest rooms and common areas of the hotel.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises or assists Executive Housekeeper in directing the work activities of housekeeping staff.
- Supervises housekeeping staff consisting of 1-10 employees.
- Provides training (including safety training) to all housekeeping personnel as directed by management.
- Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans.
- Distributes keys and work assignments to staff.
- Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping services or equipment.
- Completes inventory of supplies and equipment as directed.
- Assists Executive Housekeeper in the selection of Housekeeping personnel.
- Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log.
- Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms.
- Assumes functions of Housekeeper as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
- A minimum of three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Ability to appropriately assign/delegate work to others in the accomplishment of goals. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.