Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We’re looking for an Asset Management Associate to join our Asset Management Team. Reporting to the Director of Asset Management, this role will be responsible for assisting in developing and executing specific strategies for different portfolios based on their respective requirements. Through the development of reports, budgets and models, you will assist in monitoring the operational performance of each portfolio and evaluating their performance against both internal and external benchmarks.
Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical mindset and is an expert in analyzing large sets of data and creating reports that tell the financial story that drives decisions to optimize operational efficiencies and deliver maximum long-term returns.
What You Will Do:
- Develop operational reporting, budgets, and models to meet requirements of key stakeholders.
- Understand key legal agreements pertaining to managed portfolios and ensure compliance with reporting requirements while flagging potential issues to appropriate parties.
- Assist Director of Asset Management in managing and directing property managers in accordance with strategy guidance from portfolio manager and in compliance with key legal agreements.
- Analyze the performance of the portfolio against operating targets. Assist the Director of Asset Management in recommending areas for improvement.
- Perform non-core disposition analysis.
- Tour portfolio and competitor properties in market to assist in benchmarking.
- Support business development efforts for prospective portfolio and asset management clients.
- Prepare loan draws and payoffs in coordination with the Transaction team.
- Forecast and monitor compliance with loan covenants.
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 6 years progressive experience in asset or fund management
- Single Family Rental Homes experience preferred
- Extensive modeling experience
- Experience with investor reporting and review of financial statements
- Experience with loan reporting and operations preferred
- Leveraged Finance experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills; Digesting large data sets and providing concise summaries
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including expert level with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Yardi and SQL experience is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%).
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future.
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture.
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals.
- Company-sponsored outings.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.