VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position facilitates the resolution of customer complaints (includes all vehicles and online transactions) after a sale and is responsible for the timely and successful arbitration of vehicles between buyer and seller in accordance with auction and NAAA policies. This position also requires organization and management of sale day activities including post sale inspections and sale day arbitrations.
- Review customer complaints and mechanic reports about vehicle condition.
- Inspect vehicle to determine extent of repairs, if any, and authorize second opinion, if necessary.
- Advise customers of Auction policy and the complaint and arbitration process and facilitate the resolution/negotiation between the two parties.
- Mediate dispute and negotiate repair and/or pricing of disputed vehicles in order to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution and in an effort to keep vehicles sold.
- Have awareness of and resolve after-sale problems, such as issues with title, mileage, frame damage, etc.
- Monitor and maintain accurate files for each arbitration case, and interact with Auction sales personnel regarding information on vehicle sales, etc.
- Act as a liaison with federal and state authorities regarding odometer rollbacks, salvage vehicles, etc.
- Promote the Auction and its services with customers to gain additional business including, but not limited to, post-sale inspections.
- Review customer claims to verify that they meet Manheim's National Arbitration policies and any account-specific guidelines; make/advise on financial decisions regarding arbitrations.
- Interface with all departments involved in the complaint including the fact finding and investigative phases.
- Screen and input all qualified vehicles for post-sale inspection.
- Inform buyers and sellers on the process, cost, and timing for completion of all PSI or buyer claims.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of automotive, mechanical or body shop experience with complaint recording and resolution preferred.
- ASE certification, estimating preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills required.
- Effective report writing and composition skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws regarding arbitration of vehicles.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-20 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment:
- Occasional exposure to fumes, odors and weather conditions.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.