Rochester Gauges, LLC., established in 1950 enjoys an enviable reputation as an industry leader in the manufacturing of high quality electro/mechanical liquid level sensors for its OEM customers.
Performs tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, and products through a variety of manual operations within a specified time period and in accordance with company standards. These duties may include welding, would, brazing, soldering, machining and assembling.
- A minimum of a high school degree,
- A mechanical aptitude and ability to read and understand fractions on a tape measure.
- Able to work from manufacturing drawings, final assembly blueprints, and / or verbal and written instructions with a minimal supervision.
- Adequate vision with or without correction for verifying quality of work; able to lift and carry 40lbs safely; eye/hand/feet coordination enough to operate equipment safely.
- Reliable and dedicated to success with a focus on attention to detail and quality is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to read manufacturing prints and work orders for product specifications, such as materials, components, dimensions and tolerances. Required to understand and follow any manufacturing processes specified in documentation.
- Required to set up and operate saw, lathe, drill/mill, grinder or sander during different steps in manufacturing. Required to visually verify conformance of workpiece to specifications using measuring instruments. May use manual hand tools as necessary.
- Required to weld, braze, glue or melt components together during assembly of product and clean joining process when completed.
- Required to calculate spacing and set floats with proper orientation on sensor.
- Required to calculate length, cut and connect lead wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points, using soldering or related bonding procedures and equipment.
- Required to calculate spacing and set wiring harness at specified actuation points within the sensor stem and pot assembly.
- Required to verify quality of own work throughout entire assembly process.
- Required to complete the work order from start to finish without supervision.
- This position may perform other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
Atmosphere with and without air-conditioned environment. Possible time related stress due to required deadlines.
No relocation assistance available
We do not Sponsor Visas
Please NO Agencies or Headhunter services
Job Type: Full-time