Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire an Administrative Supervisor, Registered Nurse to join the Nursing Operations Team.
The address is Texas Health Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas Texas, 75231
Salary: Min $40.89 – Max $61.24, based on relevant work experience.
- Full-Time, 36 Hours; 6:30am-6:30pm (2 Days) and 9:30am-9:30pm (1 Day)
As a Nursing Supervisor with Texas Health Dallas this position will represent the Hospital Administration after business hours and on weekends.
The essential duties of this position are:
- Promotes shared decision making through collaborative/consultative relationships with nursing administration, department leadership, general nursing staff and other department staff
- Rounds throughout the facility on a frequent (at least 2 times/12 hours shift) and consistent basis
- Acts as a central source for information for all staff
- Serves as a resource for problem solving, decision-making, and policy interpretation, consistently making judgments based on reliable critical thinking and that are evidence-based
- Collaborates with patient care leadership to facilitate resolution of staff and patient needs
- Responds to emergency situations such as Codes and RRTs
- Responds to emergency, rapid response or clinically complex events and serves as a clinical leader during the emergency situations. Assures that resources are allocated to meet the patient/visitor needs and the evaluation for the code is done promptly.
- Communication with other care providers is timely, accurate, and complete
Demonstrates a positive, supportive role when a change is being introduced and implemented
- Guides staff through various steps of change and positively reinforces their efforts
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption.
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
- 5 years of experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) Required
- 3 years of Emergency and/or Critical Care nursing Preferred
- RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
- ACLS – Advance Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 Days Required
- Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act
- Proactive problem solving skills, good interpersonal, verbal, written and computer skills.
- Excellent prioritization skills.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
At Texas Health Dallas we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are an 898-bed, Magnet-designated, full-service hospital serving our community since 1966. Our location in Dallas provides convenient care to the residents of Dallas and the surrounding areas.
If you're looking for cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, women's services and emergency medicine, we've got it. Plus we're a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit, an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women's imaging services.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Dallas is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Care Center, a Level II Major Trauma facility, a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and a designated Magnet hospital. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, bariatric services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®“
- Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work“ by Glassdoor
- A “Best Workplaces in Texas“ by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
- 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma“ by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)