Founded in 2012 with the belief that there is a better way, Mizzen+Main is a premium men’s brand with product rooted in performance fabrics and tailored silhouettes. Mizzen+Main is a multi-channel brand, comprised of our Ecommerce site, Retail Stores, and Wholesale Partners across the US, with our headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Our Values are simple and guide everything we do: We are people first, We think big, We have commitments, We act as owners and We never settle.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Mizzen+Main accounting (in partnership with Staff Accountant and Director of Accounting) which includes: the development and creation of monthly financial statements and reporting, overseeing AR/revenue recognition, AP, audit and field exams, working capital and cash management, as well as budgeting/forecasting and other ad hoc reporting. Provides guidance for proper accounting treatment as questions and changes arise in the business. Responsible for ensuring proper processes and controls are in place (specifically related to the newly implemented ERP system) and providing accurate and timely financial data to a variety of internal and external audiences. Reports to Director of Accounting with a dotted line to the CFO in Dallas, Texas.
- Maintain accounting operations including overseeing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close cycles.
- Develop and maintain formal accounting policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ensure and maintain adequate internal controls including process narratives and checklists.
- Determine financial statement impact for company initiatives, including performing technical research and developing new processes as necessary.
- Oversee/maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, as well as cash management.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Staff Accountant
- Assists in preparation of budgets, forecasts, and other analysis/ad hoc reporting.
- Coordinate financial and compliance packages for Investors, Board, Management and Lenders.
- Manage all audits including preparing audit schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly financial reporting package to Board of Directors.
- Maintain tax compliance requirements, in partnership with outsourced accounting firm, including oversight of K-1 preparation and distribution.
- 3 – 7 years of applicable experience, preferably in Retail/Apparel or Consumer Products.
- Bachelor's degree with major in Accounting or Finance, CPA designation preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Proficient in NetSuite or other comparable enterprise-level accounting systems.
- Exceptional communication skills that demonstrate the ability to interact with all levels of the internal organization as well as external stakeholders (Board of Directors, third party partners, etc.), with a high customer-service orientation.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and proficiency with Microsoft Windows.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to independently prioritize workload based on organizational needs/demands. Operates with a sense of urgency, as appropriate.