The Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center is a nationally-recognized leader in the comprehensive management of neurological conditions. Our vibrant department comprises more than 75 full-time faculty in 12 subspecialty sections, supporting a spectrum of complex and innovative approaches to neurological care, a broad range of novel research programs, and a panoply of educational opportunities for trainees. The department offers access to the latest innovative treatments in one of the most rapidly advancing fields of medicine, and features an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Level-4 NEAC Epilepsy Center. Through collaborations with the ODonnell Brain Institute, the department is building state-of-the art facilities for drug and device testing, and bringing current and new faculty together for collaborative research on brain disease therapy.
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with minimum six (6) hours college accounting courses and two (2) years professional experience in governmental and/or commercial accounting.
- Verifies postings in ledgers and journals for accuracy and compliance with prescribed accounting procedures.
- Prepares trial balances of general ledgers to ensure debits and credits balance, verifying entries with source data to resolve discrepancies.
- Compiles data and prepares spreadsheets related to various financial activities.
- Furnishes data for general ledger accounts for correctness of income and/or expenses and for maintenance of adequate balances.
- Reconciles monthly and annual salary reports.
- Assists in development and implementation of new or revised accounting and operational procedures.
- May compile and prepare monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as required.
- May prepare and/or approve various on-line expenditures, journal vouchers etc.
- May provide working supervision to Account Clerk and/or Accountant I positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: