Perform duties to layout, assemble, and weld any range of metal modules, including large complex units, in conformance with job specifications, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice. This position will start in our current facility in Natural Bridge Station, VA. We are building a new facility in Daleville, VA and will move into it during the summer of 2022.
- Work from bill of materials (BOM), drawings, welding symbols, process sheets, production schedule, and check lists.
- Move components into place from staging areas using crane to rig and move large assemblies and units during construction process as required. Build fixtures as required for layout of components to required configuration for welding. Assemble and bolt components as required.
- Verify conformance of first piece to specifications, using angles, square, ruler, gauges, and measuring tape. Gauge work pieces randomly through run to ensure maintenance of settings and make adjustments as necessary.
- Finish grind welds to meet cosmetic product standards. Visually inspect welds and complete production documentation, time records, and check lists.
- Ensure welding equipment is maintained and in proper working order. Communicate maintenance requirements with supervisor.
- Label completed parts with appropriate part number.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Consistently operate in keeping with all safety rules and requirements.
- Perform sandblasting and insulating operations.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Tools and Equipment:
Use MIG and TIG welders, hand tools, power tools, welding machines, gas tanks, and torches, clamps, fixtures, grinders (bench and hand), pneumatic die grinder, measuring devices, overhead cranes and fork lift.
Minimum Personal Protection Equipment (PPE):
- Safety Glasses – ANSI Z87.1
- Welding Helmet, minimum ANSI Z87.1
- Leather Welding Gloves
- FR Uniforms
- Gloves – ANSI Cut 3 4544
- Foot Protection, Steel Toe – ASTM F2413-11
- Frequently push with up to 120 lbs. of force.
- Occasionally push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently stand, walk, bend, crouch, kneel, climb, maneuver, stoop, squat, lift, grasp, and reach.
- Visual and aural acuity
Experience / Requirements:
- TIG welding; Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- MIG welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Munters Orientation
- Quality Assurance and Safety Awareness
- Series of MIG and TIG welding tests required
Hours of Work Required:
- Standard work schedules plus overtime and weekend hours will be required to meet production demands.
Munters Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled