Responsible for difficult and diversified assembly of a variety of standard and custom products, including installation and troubleshooting refrigeration specialty components, electrical and mechanical components for all Munters commercial process equipment where methods and procedures are prescribed. This position will start in our current facility in Buena Vista, Virginia. We are building a new facility in Daleville, Virginia, and will be moving into it during the summer of 2022.
- Work from production schedules, bills of material (BOM), drawings, diagrams, schematics, Engineering Change Notifications (ECN), and work instructions.
- Identify, validate and inspect components, subassemblies, and purchased parts required to meet system refrigeration & water piping specifications and job requirements of standard HVAC units and assist with component validation on custom units as required. Notify supervisor or cell leader of any material discrepancies.
- Make and/or install pre-assembled piping, utilizing prescribed methods for prep, installation and brazing, pressure testing, evacuation and charging.
- Install required labels for electrical components. Upon completion of wiring process, check to ensure proper electrical operation of the HVAC unit. Clean unit and work area. Record time per unit.
- Maintain safe and organized work area. Notify team leader or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, inventory, or documentation.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements in any area of the factory as needed.
- Assembling sheet metal parts and components using various hand and power tools.
- Installing electrical, gas, and air conditioning equipment.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Consistently operate in keeping with all safety rules and requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, assist with training new employees into specific areas, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment:
Use gauges, hand tools, hand power tools, and crane.
Minimum Personal Protection Equipment (PPE):
- Safety Glasses – ANSI Z87.1
- Gloves – ANSI Cut 3 4544
- Foot Protection, Steel Toe – ASTM F2413-11
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, CFC Certification. Must be willing to take classes and seminars required to stay current in this industry.
- Occasionally move up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently stand, walk, bend, crouch, kneel, climb, maneuver, stoop, squat, grasp, and reach.
- Visual and aural acuity
- Munters Orientation
- Quality Assurance and Safety Awareness
Hours of Work Required:
- Standard work schedules plus overtime and weekend hours will be required to meet production demands.
Munters Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled