The Maintenance Mechanic position will perform the following duties:
- Maintains and repairs all building systems, including forklifts, batteries, battery chargers, HVAC equipment, refrigeration system, dock doors and ramps, sprinkler system, the roof and all electrical services
- Maintains equipment and buildings for long-term use.
- Tests emergency generator.
- Records data from main electrical panels.
- Inspects various equipment and building areas, including, but not limited to, air compressors, roof and roof-mounted equipment and sprinkler systems; record data from inspections.
- Tests sprinkler systems water flow, tamper switches and sprinkler system alarms.
- Tests fire pump and alarm.
- Inspects all equipment and repair or replace as necessary to avoid down time.
- Inspects, lubricates and cleans condensers and evaporators.
- Performs annual inspections on refrigeration compressors, including change oil and filter, disassemble compressor for internal inspection and align mechanical couplings.
- Inspects and lubricates freezer and cooler doors and performs needed repairs; maintains inventory of repair parts.
- Designs and constructs carpentry items requested by other departments
- Responds to maintenance calls.
- Repairs HVAC piping and restroom facilities as needed.
- Creates and/or purchases signs; install when needed.
- Maintains knowledge of systems and buildings.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Prior maintenance experience with building and grounds
Exp with installation of refrigeration systems, coolers, air compressors and HVAC
Ability to prioritize situations
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company“) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law“ poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Address Line 1
1441 Firetower Road
CDC SC Cust. Warehouse (0156)