- Contingent upon Contract Award*
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Unix System Administrator (SSA) works as a member of the commercial systems group providing daily system support including hardware, operating system and applications installation. Troubleshoot system and user problems. Manage user accounts. Perform system maintenance on software; evaluate, test and integrate upgrades to hardware; upgrade operating systems and applications. Investigate problems, research and develop effective and logical solutions considering operational policies and information assurance requirements. Provide Certification and Accreditation (C&A) support as required, to include scanning, patching and remediation of security vulnerabilities. Must be able to work independently or in a team and be willing to interact with other group members and users at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install any of the following operating systems: Unix, Solaris, Linux, Red Hat
- Troubleshoot system and user problems.
- Perform system maintenance on both hardware and software; evaluate, test and integrate upgrades.
- Scan, patch, remediate, and document security vulnerabilities in operating systems and applications.
- Document all work performed on current and new systems by describing all relevant factors.
- To be able to create well documented SOPs that operators can follow completely.
- Participate in meetings with customer, users and vendors to discuss options or gives status reports related to meeting required deadlines.
- Diagnose problems and make logical solutions to senior staff members.
Education and Experience
- At least 8 years system administration in a real world setting.
- At least 5 years experience on one or more of the following operating systems: UNIX, Solaris, Linux or Red Hat is required.
- Must be able to write scripts utilizing Shell, Perl or other scripting language.
- Must have Security+ CE Certification
- Must be able to obtain an applicable OS certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must have or be able to attain a DOD security clearance.
- Experience with installing the following Operating Systems: Unix, Solaris, Linux, Red Hat
- Experience with Enterprise Data Storage Administration (NetApp, EMC, Synology, etc.)
- Experience with: SAMBA, Apache, WEBDAV, ORACLE Application Server/ORACLE DB Server, CITRIX, ACAS
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, RHEV, etc.)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of how to enable/disable services in Linux/Unix.
- Knowledge of command line functions in Linux/Unix.
- Knowledge of Sudo.
- Understanding of UNIX file permissions and ACL's.
- In-depth knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, routing, remote access and remote file systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use fabrication tools; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Coordinates, supervises, and/or manages support personnel.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
The Tatitlek Corporation gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to Tatitlek shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.