Director, Human Resources Business Partner
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring a Director, Human Resources Business Partner. The Director, HR Business Partner will be responsible for HR business partner leadership, including strategic development and leadership of the HRBP function and HR operations (HR center of excellence). This role will provide expertise for business leaders and the HR team on coaching, leadership, change management, workforce planning, organizational design, quality/process improvement, diversity, inclusion and equity, culture/engagement, talent/organizational development, employee relations, HR compliance, compensation, benefits, policy, and performance management. Additionally, this role will work collaboratively with the HR Shared Services organization and other HR staff to be a collaborative partner to HR leadership on enterprise level initiatives and projects that drive business results and contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Create, implement and provide continual development of the strategic HRBP team, including assigning client groups and revising as needed for execution of the organizational strategy.
- Lead and develop a team of HR professionals using continuous improvement methodology to create best-in-class HR foundations that move the organization forward with exemplary customer service and compliance.
- Provide leadership for the Learning and Organizational Development (L&OD) function, through consistent coaching, collaboration and direction to support the development of a growth organization.
- Coach leaders and emerging talent to develop and enhance their personal leadership style and management effectiveness. Relay training needs to HR leader to build into budget cycles.
- As a member of the management team, provide direct guidance and counsel to leaders on all people-related matters.
- Responsible for organizational workforce plans through team of HRBP’s. Conduct timely to ensure integration in budgets and HR resource planning.
- Assess and deliver effective and timely change management and communication practices.
- Partner with HRBP’s and business leaders to strategize on organizational design, including, business gains and risks, communication and implementation.
- Leads team members to produce regular metrics that are meaningful to business leaders to drive profitable growth, employee engagement and retention. Uses metrics for organizational problem solving and decision making.
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends and best practices to ensure alignment of people strategy to business objectives.
- Cultivate a culture of accountability, empowerment and teamwork through goal setting, performance assessment and communication.
- Work with HR leader on organizational culture and employee engagement and proactively advise the business on strategy in order to increase employee satisfaction and retention.
- Understand and model Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) practices to enable greater engagement and organizational growth. Partner with local council.
- Responsible for timely processing of talent acquisition processes and oversight of onboarding function. Ensure effectiveness and partner with HR leader on issues.
- Manage, advise and execute routine processes such as performance management, training, compensation systems and ensure administrative actions for all groups and associates are executed on time. Where processes, programs or policies are inhibiting the group’s performance, identify alternatives and advocate for their needs.
- Provide counsel on employee relations and works with HR leader to determine necessary engagement with Corporate legal.
- In partnership with HR leader, is responsible for the recommendation, development, execution and ongoing maintenance of employee related policies that meet Federal and State compliance laws as well as other areas of HR compliance such as the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Leads or facilitates cross-functional projects which address continuous improvement of operational process.
- Global travel required: Yes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in human resources, business administration or equivalent
- 7+ years of general business experience alongside HR experience
- Experience with a payroll system and basic benefits administration.
- Possession of the highest level of tact and diplomacy is a necessity.
- Organization, influence, problem solving, decision-making, accountability and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- HR Certification preferred
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.