Requisition Number: FIELD01272
Under direction, perform inspections, cleaning and maintenance of pump stations, odor control facilities, interceptors, combined sewer overflows, automated regulators, rain gauges, remote flow and level monitoring stations, retention basins, treatment plant tanks, and related piping; and perform related work as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS- Perform in the work of a crew engaged in the inspection and maintenance of interceptors, storm and sanitary sewers and related appurtenances.
- Assist in the inspection, operation, and maintenance of pump stations, odor control facilities, automated regulators, rain gauges and remote flow and level monitoring stations.
- Assist in the operation of a variety of sewer inspection and cleaning equipment use to maintain The District’s sewerage collection system.
- Operate, clean and maintain trucks, vans, dump trucks, blowers, generators, pneumatic equipment, and power tools.
- Assist personnel in performance of maintenance and repair tasks, material and equipment handling and safety for maintenance and inspection crews.
- Assist in equipment set-up, breakdown and assist in traffic control.
- May operate sewer cleaning and inspection equipment, if needed.
- Maintain records and prepare reports, write out-of-order work requests.
- Observe safe work practices and ensure that work does not endanger others.
- Perform general housekeeping work including the maintenance of grounds.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must possess a High school diploma or it’s GED Equivalent.
- Candidate must possess no minimum years of experience.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record in accordance with the District’s acceptable guidelines.
- Candidate must obtain a certificate of completion of the Red Cross Standard Multimedia First Aid Course and C.P.R. certification within one year of employment and be recertified as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess the ability to understand and follow verbal, written and diagrammatic instructions. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Candidate must possess the ability to be reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled.
- Candidate must be able to fill-in for vacant shifts, emergency or unusual situations.
- Ability to pull a minimum of 100 pounds dead weight from the bottom of a twenty-foot manhole and remove a standard size manhole cover (minimum weight 150 pounds) unaided.
- Ability to do strenuous manual work under varying weather conditions.
- Must not have tendencies towards claustrophobia or acrophobia. Must not have facial hair that would impede proper seal of breathing apparatus.
- Exposure to usual noise associated with equipment.
- May be exposed to odors from processes and laboratory field samples.
- Exposure to atmospheric conditions such as heat, cold, dust, fumes, vapors, or mists.
- Working in various types of confined spaces, such as wet wells and manholes.
- Working on elevated locations, such as aerial sewers, ladders, and rooftops.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Our Employee Benefits & Wellness ProgramsWe offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including Health Insurance Coverage, Various Retirement Planning Options (Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Compensation Plans), Group and Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance Program, Free Parking at our facilities, Corporate Discounts, and More! We also have a very active Health & Wellness Program that promotes a great life/work balance for all employees.