Research Scientist, General AI Lab
HORIZON ROBOTICS: Make human life safer and better
About Horizon Robotics
Horizon Robotics is a global AI leader, specialized in efficient AI computing for automotive intelligence applications. Our inspiring mission is “to make life safer and better through edge-AI computing“ with a vision to “empower every vehicle with our AI computing platform“.
Founded in 2015, Horizon Robotics creates the most efficient AI technology for smart vehicles and robotics, by jointly designing high-performance, domain specific automotive grade AI processors, and advanced AI algorithms. Horizon's open and user-friendly platform enables developers to create safe and reliable automated driving applications, intelligent cockpit and other functions of the software defined car. Horizon has reinvented the automotive AI processor to offer the ultimate combination of AI performance and compute efficiency, low energy consumption and competitive cost. The company launched its first- and second-generations Journey 2 and Journey 3 in 2019 and 2020, which are designed into over 40 vehicle models, with 13 models already announced, to power ADAS and smart cockpit applications. In July 2021, Horizon Robotics announced its third-generation Journey 5, designed for all level of autonomy, delivering 128 TOPS at less than 30W. Journey 5 is ASIL-B, Cybersecurity ISO 21434 compliant and will be the heart of central computers, to realize the promise of AI in automated driving, integrated with intelligent cockpit interactions.
Around the world, Horizon Robotics is the trusted technology solution of a rapidly growing ecosystem of partners.
General AI Lab of Horizon Robotics, located in Silicon Valley, is looking for research scientists with strong background in fields of artificial intelligence. Our mission is to build artificial general intelligence (AGI). We will focus on developing novel algorithms and technologies to allow machines to learn new knowledge and skills as efficient as human.
- Propose and formulate research problems towards solving AGI
- Design, implement and evaluate algorithms, models and prototypes of AI systems
- Collaborate with team members to achieve research goals
- Report and present research findings internally and externally
Here is what we’d like to see in you
- Track record of coming up with and implementing new ideas in AI
- Strong ability in mathematically modeling real world problems
- Strong ability in implementing algorithms and systems
- Hunger for learning new things
- Passion in artificial general intelligence and willingness to do challenging deep research
- Experience in one or more fields of artificial intelligence such as machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, reinforcement learning, robotics, etc.
Horizon Robotics is committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other prescribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.