Software Development Engineer, Prime Video
We are looking for talented software development engineers who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously investing in each team member's career and overall skill set.
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smartphones, and smart TVs.
In Prime Video Catalog we are focused on delivering the world's largest selection in the best form to our customers. On this team, you will work on one of Prime Video's top priority initiatives of 2022. In this role, you will be responsible for building and optimizing the next-generation, high-performance video ingestion and distribution platforms. You will design and build scalable, resilient, distributed systems using internal Amazon platforms and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Innovation and collaboration are key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy individuals with the ability to think big & deliver simple solutions to complex problems.
Domain-specific skills in video and catalog can be learned on the job. At Amazon, every employee has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Our team works end-to-end through the Video platform, and our team members have direct ownership of the customer experience.
We embrace the challenges of a fast-paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video and pushing the envelope for streaming quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on worldwide consumer entertainment.
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is a demonstrable skill as a self-starter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great digital media experiences to our customers, particularly those who want to grow within a world-class engineering team.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, and distributed systems
· Experience with multiple programming languages and Linux/Unix scripting
· Working knowledge of software and architecture design patterns
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with high throughput cloud systems
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
· Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.