Senior Post Media Manager
We are looking for a Post Production Senior Media Manager who will manage the day-to-day workflow of all assets, both digital and physical, to ensure they are efficiently tracked, organized and delivered as needed. We are looking for a creative, strategic, and administratively adept person with a passion for television, movies and post-production facilities who thrives in a highly collaborative environment but is also comfortable working autonomously. A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and strong communication skills. In addition, this role will require a high operational level of audio editing, audio mixing, color grading, routing of signals and other operation of typical post production equipment and systems.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with Post Production Manager to oversee daily tasks
- Possess a high level of operations knowledge on Audio, Color Grading and other post equipment and systems for setups and screenings
- Track, process, prepare and manage all Post Production media, assets and resources
- Transcoding file formats as necessary
- Create SOP’s for the file and department workflows
- Oversee that Post Production workflows are followed over multiple projects, simultaneously
- Ensure all media assets are delivered on time and to spec
- Organize Post Production media comms across departments
- Facilitate communication between producers, directors and management
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Manage administrative paperwork
- Interacts with other departments to ensure client needs are continually met
- Designing and managing workflows in department
- Having a deep knowledge base on a wide variety of codecs, frame rates, and media formats (XDCAM, DVCPRO HD, DNxHD, HDCAM, FILM etc.)
- Verifying media quality and making sure it is to Amazon specifications
- Backing up and archiving media as necessary
- Making sure footage is accessible and readily available during sessions
- Preparing and shipping media as necessary
- Creating and updating efx/music libraries as necessary
- Troubleshooting computer and software issues
- Interacting and collaborating with engineering as necessary
- 5-7 years' experience working in a post-production facility or similar post production experience.
- Post production operations experience is required.
- Familiarity with various tape formats, file formats, the encoding process, frame rates, and digital delivery methods.
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Deep knowledge of post-production and production process and equipment, specifically transcoding, audio editing, audio mixing, color grading and file organization and manipulation
- Ability to set up sessions for freelancers as well as to open and set up sessions for viewings and screenings on both audio and color correction systems.
- Willingness to learn and evolve within a team environment
- Inspired to learn more about the technical side of post-production
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, and positive team player
- Proficiency in post-production tools and productivity software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint
- Willing to master various enterprise platforms: Xytech MediaPulse, ScheduALL and Airtable and other database systems and software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to juggle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment while delivering outstanding results.
- Ability to make trade-offs between schedule, resources and scope in order to deliver on projects efficiently
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.