Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
Magic Leap is seeking a software engineer experienced with interactive 3D audio applications, game middleware and sound design to join our team developing next-generation audio signal processing technology and authoring tools for mixed-reality devices. The ideal candidate is a quick and enthusiastic learner, an excellent problem solver, and embraces both the creative and technical challenges.
- Develop new features for Magic Soundfield Audio plugins for Unity, Unreal, Wwise, and FMOD.
- Implement and optimize software build, release, testing and documentation processes to ensure reliable and effective internal, cross-functional and external SDK deployment of the technology under strict schedule constraints.
- Create and execute long-term plan for automated testing of new plugin features
- Collaborate effectively and proactively within a team responsible for the design and deployment of a complex audio subsystem under strict schedule and architectural constraints.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in designing and implementing audio signal processing algorithms and applications in C/C++.
- Practical understanding of 3d math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations)
- Experience with professional software design tools and techniques: software version control systems such as Git/Gerrit and PerForce, performing code reviews of your own and/or other people’s code, planning and operating in an Agile/Scrum type environment.
- Solid knowledge and experience with game audio development and middleware environments: Unity and Unreal engines; Wwise and FMOD middleware.
- Experience with sound design/editing and development of at least one interactive/game audio application using one of the above frameworks.
- Experience with the development of 3D audio plugins for at least one of the above frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of audio, acoustics, psychoacoustics, virtual/augmented reality.
- Binaural audio, Ambisonics, VBAP, object-based immersive audio, artificial reverberation
- Web and hardware-accelerated audio rendering APIs (WebAudio, OpenAL/EAX…)
- VST/AAX/AU plugin development for digital audio workstations (Protools, Reaper, Logic…)
- Max/MSP, AudioMulch or similar; Matlab, Faust, SciPy or similar; C/C++, C#, Python.
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware/software interactions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required. MSc/MA preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.