As a Sr. Architect, you will lead the technical design and be responsible for the development and operational execution of Zynga’s programmatic ads platform - demand-side, supply-side, and related data pipelines & identity services. You will create a working environment where top technical talent will thrive and you will lead various teams to deliver a top-tier suite of products and services that will delight our portfolio game studios. We are looking for a leader with a demonstrated strong technical acumen, who can not only suggest new technologies, but also enhance our current technology and raise the acumen of our technical staff. You will collaborate closely with Data Scientists to build and manage scalable and performant machine learning models that improve the performance of demand and supply side operations. You will work closely with senior product owners, engineers and data scientists to help execute the core product roadmap.
- Architect, and lead the development of Zynga’s programmatic ads platform
- Build, direct, guide and review the work of the Programmatic Ads platform, including integration to external partners, and related data pipeline full-stack engineering team.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers and data scientists to rapidly iterate and deliver key milestones in an agile environment
- Work closely with the executive leadership of UA, Central Product, and Ad monetization to develop and execute on ad technology strategy for Zynga.
- Work with fast-paced initiatives, overseeing projects from idea conception and strategy development to deployment, production, and operations.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to define requirements and translate them into high-performance and scalable architectures.
- Partner with Product Management to drive the Ads and Data Platform engineering roadmap.
- Partner with User Acquisition team and Game Studios to extend, maintain, scale, and deliver products that meaningfully optimizes acquisition costs.
- Partner with Data Science and Analytics teams to leverage insights from in-game performance into ML-based bidding models.
- Partner with Program Management to produce project schedules and communicate progress.
- Partner with other engineering leaders - data engineering, game engineering, central.
- Align software engineering practices and products with measurable business objectives.
- This is a hands-on role. You’ll lead your team by example, creating POCs to demonstrate ideas, peer code reviews, contributing to production systems support and feature development.
- Previous relevant experience as an Architect, Staff Engineer or Technical Director
- Comprehensive knowledge of real time ad technologies and platforms
- Required experience working in highly scalable (>100k QPS) web services at low latency and data engineering. Experience with ideation to launch of programmatic ads products within an organization is required.
- Strong architecture design skills especially using AWS cloud technologies.
- Prior 10+ years of development experience in Java, C#, C++ or equivalent technologies.
- Prior experience building ML models and deploying at scale
- Strong knowledge of Agile project management principles and how it applies to software engineering practice from development to version control, code review, artifact creation, release management.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Redshift, Spark, Kinesis, Athena, Hadoop is required.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in a DevOps oriented software organization with the ability to design, deploy, and support a full-stack service solution in the cloud.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.