Research Scientist - Video Advertising, Video Ads Science
Amazon is investing heavily in building a customer centric, world class advertising business across its many unique audio, video, and display surfaces. In this role, you will be on the cutting edge of developing monetization solutions for Live TV, Connected TV and streaming Audio. These are nascent, high growth areas, where advertising monetization is an important, fully integrated part of the core strategy for each business.
As a Research Scientist, you will be tasked with leading scientific innovations in measurement and optimization for that enable us to deliver relevant and performant advertising experiences to customers. As a trusted science leader you will be given some of the most difficult science and business intelligence problems to solve. You will need to invent elegant metrics and associated measurement models, and develop algorithms that help advertisers test and learn the impact of advertising strategies across channels on these metrics while ensuring a great customer experience.
You will influence science leaders, product manager and engineering leaders. Part of this role requires influencing the design of statistical models across the advertising ecosystems working closely with science leaders and junior scientists. You will drive choices for decision-making product features in the ad space. You will work closely with engineers who are building the machine learning systems to deliver ads across platforms influencing product features and architectural choices.
You’ll be expected to:
· Design measurement models and algorithms for optimizing advertising reach, frequency and return on advertising spend.
· Build systems that extract and process volumes of disparate data using a variety of econometric and machine learning approaches. These systems should be designed to scale with exponential growth in data and run continuously.
· Leverage knowledge of advanced software system and algorithm development to build our measurement and optimization engine.
· Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects and mentor a team of data engineers and junior machine learning scientists to deliver solutions to internal stakeholders including other modeling teams at Amazon.
· Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations as well as analytic inter-dependencies to build efficient solutions.
· Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· MS degree with at least 1 year of research experience in a quantitative field or PHD in a quantitative field
· Multiple years of experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create/optimize machine learning, predictive, forecasting, and/or optimization models.
· Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python, R), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, Matlab, etc.)
· Relevant working experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, analysis, and communication.
· Proven experience leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
· Practical understanding and hands-on experience with regression modelling (linear and logistic).
· Experience working on automated marketing technologies.
· Experience working on advertising solutions.
· Experience working with AWS Services, consuming, managing large scale datasets.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences
· Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, statistics, information systems, economics, mathematics or similar
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.