Discover it Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in-“sites“ to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in Culver City, CA.
A day in the life…
- Partner with the merchant team, studio, and marketing to determine samples needed for upcoming events, and escalate to the fulfillment center to retrieve
- Work with the samples team to ensure all samples are checked-in, processed, packed, and shipped out in a timely manner
- Supervise and continue to grow the samples team
- Assign daily team goals and ensure events are on schedule
- Maintain a weekly schedule planner by assigning responsibilities to the team, and submitting team metrics
- Communicate team updates and potential issues to manager, and find solutions to resolve
- Provide suggestions to improve day-to-day work flow and update the Samples team manual as needed
- Receive, check-in, pull, pack, and ship samples with team as needed to ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with messengers for inbound and outbound sample shipments, and assist with resolving any issues that arise
- Maintain strong communication cross-departmentally
- Collaborate on special projects as needed
You own this if you have…
- 1-2 years of supervisor experience required
- 2-3 years of experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain poised and professional under stressful circumstances
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate, mentor, and grow team
- Skills to be detail-oriented, self-motivated, team-oriented and reliable with a positive attitude
- Initiative to take on additional responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2019 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.