Principal Network Engineer
Amazon Studios is the home for talent, creating and producing original films and television series for a global audience. Original series premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, which is available in over 200 countries and territories. Our teams are responsible for introducing distinctive, critically-claimed award-winning originals like Fleabag, Sound Of Metal and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and ground-breaking, popular series and movies like The Boys, Jack Ryan, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, One Night in Miami, Coming 2 America and more.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Network Architect to join our Media Engineering and Innovation, Studios Technology team in Culver, CA. The Media Engineering and Innovation team focuses on building post-production environments, technology tools and cloud-based infrastructure to automate, streamline, and optimize audio and video workflows throughout the entire content creation lifecycle at Amazon Studios.
In this role you will work in a cross functional, interdependent team supporting other systems and software engineering teams and partner with executive stakeholders to define, build, implement and maintain business critical infrastructure for Studios teams globally. You will be responsible for creating the supporting transport infrastructure for video and audio signals conveyance and the future roadmap.
You will be encouraged and challenged to see the big picture push innovation. You will also be supported by a talented team of peers that work each day to positively impact our customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact. We are seeking contributors who are looking to work in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment to create enterprise software solutions that revolutionize our Studios business and innovate the entertainment industry.
· Be the lead subject matter expert on media and cloud networking domain including roadmap development, planning and execution responsibilities while providing guidance to the senior leadership team.
· Work as a technical leader of the networking domain alongside business, development and other infrastructure teams
· Lead technical and design discussions with internal teams to help speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
· Working closely with internal customers and partners to drive technology roadmaps and invent new bleeding edge network solutions
· Create a vision and plan for the team to execute by targeting gaps and identifying innovation opportunities to resolve connectivity, security, availability, scalability, operability, performance, agility and cost efficiency challenges.
· Work with external vendors, telecoms, partners and industry standards groups and drive new networking solutions that meet the growing needs of Amazon Studios.
Assist in hiring and mentoring of other members of the organization
· 10+ years of technical engineering experience
· BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
· In-depth knowledge of Networking domain
· Extensive experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Media networks, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall etc
· Extensive experience with software defined networking, cloud networking and network security
· Extensive experience with video and audio transport and related delivery mechanisms
· Experience architecting/operating hybrid media and data networks
· Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
· Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Experience integrating COTS, Cloud and A/V transport
· Deep familiarity and experience with SMPTE standards as they relate to networking infrastructure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.