Music Business Affairs Executive
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling’s Late Night, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are currently seeking an experienced Business Affairs Executive who will provide deal making services for music in Amazon Studios content. You will negotiate and oversee deals for the creation of original music for film and television, including deals with composers, songwriters, music supervisors, recording artists, publishers, and record labels. You will work closely with Studio legal affairs and outside counsel to assist in finalizing agreements, and handle music-related issues as they arise during development, production, and marketing. You will leverage your negotiation abilities while interacting with agents, managers, production companies, and outside attorneys, and be able to efficiently communicate status and trade-offs with other members of the Amazon Studios team, including Creative, Production, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, as well as Amazon executives outside of Amazon Studios.
- Applying your comprehensive working knowledge of music issues in film and television, contract law, and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) to support drafting, negotiating, communicating (written and verbal) with our external partners.
- Using your excellent organizational skills, you will be able to collaborate with colleagues in the department and across the studio to build strong internal client relationships.
- Advising senior-level executives under time-sensitive conditions related to our projects.
- Working with clientele through strategic decision making and risk analysis to generate satisfaction in our deals.
- 6+ years experience working for a production company, studio, or television network
- 6+ years experience in negotiating deals in entertainment
· Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science and JD
· Multiple years representing or working for a record label, or music publisher.
· Understanding of music business models
· Ability to understand and devise new business models
· Deep interest in technology and innovation
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.