Position: Experience Designer
Reports to: Experience Design Lead
Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits.
Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for pseudoscience and thinks outside of the traditional marketing box, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is looking for a talented Experience Designer to join our growing XD team. Working collaboratively with teammates in design, product, engineering, and marketing you will solve unique design problems and create flows that are as beautiful as they are effective. In this role you will utilize your background in eCommerce, working towards improvements in customer conversion, onboarding, activation, and retention. The ideal candidate is energized by the idea of tackling ambitious, measurable challenges as our eCommerce platform scales to new products, categories, and demographics.
What You'll Do
- Design, design, design. You'll work closely with the Experience Design team to design the solutions, features, iterations, tests, and delightful moments that will take Ritual to the next level.
- Help synthesize user research from A/B testing to email surveys to one-on-one user testing.
- Work collaboratively with other teams including Product, Data, Marketing, Creative, Engineering, and Customer Experience.
- Continually explore new design trends, themes, best practices, and patterns across all platforms– then determine how those should (or shouldn't) be implemented into the Ritual experience.
- Always advocate for the user's needs.
Who You Are
- A Designer. You have an eye for color, typography, icons, use of space, and visual hierarchy. You excel in an agile environment, taking in primary and secondary research to inform deliberate design decisions.
- Tool Agnostic. Photoshop? Illustrator? Sketch? Figma? InVision? Principle? Sure you have preferences in order to be efficient, but you care more about what you're making than what you're using to make it.
- Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual design decisions. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task and flag project inconsistencies.
- Problem Solver. Your solutions take creative perspectives and new angles towards problems that guide the user every step of the way to solve real problems. You’re able to step in and think through design flows, accounting for different states and their system-wide implications.
- An E-Commerce Wiz. You keep your finger on the pulse of design and are constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and delightful new experiences. You have a strong background in e-commerce—you have examples of work you’ve designed, shipped, tested, and iterated on and can speak to how it directly impacted the business.
- Up For A Challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult that it is not a reason for not doing it. In fact, that might be validation that it is worth doing, right?
What You Need
- Education: Degree in fine art, design, interaction design, or related field. Equivalent work experience also accepted.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design in a fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio/work samples with relevant work showcasing user-centered design solutions.
- Strong project management experience, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at one time.
- Strategic critical thinker who has a high attention to detail and is focused on brand quality.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including...
- Equity participation
- Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
- “Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
- 401k + company match (up to 4%)
- 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
- Catered lunch two days per week
- Specific baby days in the office and a pump room
- Dog days in the office
- Kombucha/cold brew on tap
- Commuter benefits - $100 per month towards public transportation and Uber Pool/Lyft Line
- Company offsite events
- Periodic private workouts with trainers
- Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
- Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks