Facility: ALABAMA THERAPEUTIC EDUCATION CTR(ATEC)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for supervising the facility's food services in compliance with all applicable laws and contractual obligations including local health and sanitation codes as well as Department of Health and American Corrections Association (ACA) standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles and serves quality meals in a timely manner ensuring that the appropriate number of meals are ready for inmates with schedules outside normal meal time
- Supervises kitchen staff including resident workers.
- Maintains sanitary and safe environment by ensuring the cleanliness and sanitized state of sinks, refrigerators, freezers, stoves, kitchen cabinets, storage rooms, and all food preparation surfaces.
- Inventories and orders food and meal preparation supplies
- Supervises the packaging, labeling, and storage of all meats and other foods appropriate for food storage.
- Maintains costs according to established budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory capacity preferably in an institutional food services environment.
- Valid Driver's license from the state in which the duties are performed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cooking techniques and equipment operation
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and follow food recipes
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment including industrial slicer skills.
- Requires good visual and auditory acuity for monitoring safety and cleanliness of food services area as well as monitoring residents' behavior, as well.
- Ability to management time and organize duties within the food service area.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.