More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
- Employees selected for the SLT (SH) positions will be required to become qualified/familiar with CRN Power Block, Waste Water Treatment Plant and Clean Air. Employees must become qualified per the MOU-Memorandum of Understanding 2018 CR 1 and 2 Retirements and SMC Reorganization.
For the initial staffing requirements please see the Memorandum of Understanding 2018 CR 1 and 2 Retirements and SMC Reorganization.
- High school diploma with successful completion of high school chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in chemistry analysis and two years in power plant operations or related industry, OR Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must successfully pass required EEI testing for position.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must work rotating shifts, extended hours when certain plant conditions exist.
- Industrial Power Plant work environment.
- Must be able to adjust to rotating shift work.
- Must be able to climb and work in high spaces.
- Must be capable of working around rotating equipment and high pressure systems of power plants.
- Must be capable of working in confined spaces.
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment.
- Must not be impaired by color-blindness.
- Must be capable of handling 55 gallon drums and 100 pound bags of chemicals with assistance from others and or the appropriate equipment.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, damp and dry environments.
- Works around high voltage and high noise levels.
- Job may include prolonged standing, walking, kneeling, bending and/or climbing.
- This position is a rotating shift position.
- Must be able to work changing schedules when certain plant conditions exist such as planned and/or forced outages.
- This position has a safe working weight restriction of 275 lbs. as an essential function of the job.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Main IBEW Florida Union
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.