Diesel Technician - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus!
Join the First Transit Team as a Diesel Technician! - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus! (effective 1/5/2018 - conditions apply)
- Competitive wages - Earn up to $28/hour based on experience & ASE Certifications!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits packages - health, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, and more!
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical Training Preferred
- 3+ years of diesel repair experience is required
- Air Brake, Diesel Engine, Heavy Truck, Gillig Transit Bus experience strongly preferred
- Valid driver's license; Have the ability to obtain CDL B with Passenger Endorsement
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Transit Certifications are strongly preferred.
- Subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.