Environmental Agent (Crested Butte, CO, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Environmental Operations department is looking for a motivated individual to join our team, and help us follow through on our dedication to preserving our unrivaled mountain environment. If you have an interest in sustainability and are looking for the chance to make a difference in our efforts toward Zero Waste to Landfill, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Starting Wage: $20 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Part Time
- Will help drive growth of Environmental Initiatives and raise awareness of Environmental efforts at resort level through employee education.
- Train seasonal and year round staff.
- Coordinate timely recycling pickups with appropriate staffing.
- Maintain daily organization of recycling staging area including ferrous & non-ferrous metal recycling, wood recycling, and miscellaneous products received from operations.
- Coordinates with Base Ops Supervisor and Environmental Manager to ensure Environmental Compliance with local, state and federal agencies. Will oversee receiving, proper storage, and disposal of all universal and hazardous waste from Vail Mountain.
- Must demonstrate tactful driving ability and be comfortable maneuvering in tight spaces such as loading docks.
- Must be able to operate a forklift after proper training.
- Show a commitment to safety: oversee all departmental safety initiatives and hold monthly safety meetings.
- Must exhibit exceptional guest service to both internal and external guests on a daily basis.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Valid driver's license - required.
- Must be able to drive oversize trucks and be comfortable operating vehicles in tight areas such as loading docks, parking lots, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize workload successfully.
- Must be able to provide exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions - required.
- Able to perform manual labor, lift 75 lbs, and handle or move 125lbs - required.
- Strong work ethic - required.
- Strong environmental background - required.
The budgeted range starts at $20 - $22. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 458986