Automotive Technician Apprentice
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
An Automotive Technician Apprentice provides a high aptitude for learning and entry level mechanical skills. Must be willing to complete a 12-week apprentice program and acquire necessary skills and knowledge to advance to an Entry Level Technician. A technician may work independently or in a team environment.
- Work closely with a mentor while progressing through the Apprenticeship for daily guidance and to learn new skills
- Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicles for mechanical deficiencies.
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy manner.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner as directed by management and Manheim’s safety standards.
- Interact and coordinate with Manheim associates in the day-to-day work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by mentor, supervisor or manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- At least 6 months of work experience in mechanical position and/or have attended or is currently attending a trade school/Junior College Auto Program is preferred.
- Any ASE certifications and/or a tech school degree is preferred, but not required.
- Complete 12-week rotation and acquire requisite ASE certifications to be considered an Entry Level Technician.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status once obtained and to meet with technology changes as they occur.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.