Part Time Food Services Worker / Cook
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the timely preparation of all menu items for the resident offender population in accordance with the company and the client’s policies and monitoring detainee behavior in the when working in the kitchen.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning menus.
- Prepares bulk quantities of food, maintains portion control and arranges food in an appetizing manner.
- Assists in maintaining sanitary conditions and compliance with applicable health department rules and regulations including certificates for food handlers.
- Assists with all food and supplies inventory.
- Confirms that food delivery invoices are accurate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment desired.
- Requires good visual and auditory acuity for monitoring safety and cleanliness of food services area.
- Experience working with a resident offender population a plus.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer