The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will be perform in the role of a Senior Manufacturing Technician Specialist where you will develop, assemble, and fabricate structural and precision electrical/mechanical components and assemblies. This role requires that you to work from engineering drawings, written work instructions, and process specifications we use to meet our quality production standards. You will need to be a self-starter - capable of working independently, with minimal direction in an environment where the ability to work extended hours and weekends to support production demand is essential.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
- Possess an Active Secret Clearance at time of application to perform in this role.
- You contribute to the mechanical/electrical fabrication of flight and ground support hardware.
- You complete electronic, mechanical, or electromechanical assembly.
- You construct, fault isolate, calibrate, test, and maintain equipment: components, devices, and systems.
- You interpret engineer drawings and build assemblies we use with minimal work instructions.
- You utilize basic math and computers skills.
- You configure initial layouts using hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- You perform a variety of hands-on electrical assembly tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations.
- You conduct in-process quality inspections on work in progress in accordance with quality specifications; make continuity checks on both work in progress and completed work.
- You disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies under simulated conditions.
- You work as a member of a team communicating technical issues to Manufacturing / Quality Engineers while supporting corrective actions.
- Willingness to support occasional travel to remote sites in support of production operations.
- Be able to be trained to perform all duties related to work you're doing in accordance with Lockheed Martin training requirements.
High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or proven ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 3 years of experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- *Must possess a valid Secret Clearance at time of application.*
- Must have prior experience supporting missile/ordnance manufacturing.
- Significant experience with mechanical assembly.
- Possess the skills and experience in the use of a variety of tools and materials related to electrical cable / wire harness fabrication and basic mechanical assembly.
- Significant experience and understanding of building deliverable hardware built to military / flight specifications.