Smile, You've Found Us!
Are you passionate about caregiving? Would you like to work with the best team in the world? If so, apply with us today.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence, which we extend to all those we are privileged to serve.
If you wish to make a difference in the lives of our patients and residents, APPLY NOW!
Full Time Benefits include:
- Excellent 401k plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- DiversICARE - employee hardship fund
- Pay advancement program - OnShift Wallet
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare's Mission to “Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations.“
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference.
The Dietary Cook is responsible for each resident receiving a nutritious and appetizing meal as ordered by the physician. Food must be handled with care, must be prepared according to recipes, be served in the proper amounts and at proper temperatures.
- Prepares meals and serves, using portion control directives.
- Make sure all foods are pulled and thawed in proper time and stored properly.
- Check menus and make sure any pre-preparation in completed.
- Check daily menus and review daily production sheet with Food Service Supervisor.
- Safely operate equipment, making sure it is properly cleaned and sanitized after each use. Report equipment problems as per facility policy.
- Maintain cleaning schedule to verify proper cleaning is completed on a daily basis and document.
- Label and date foods and rotate properly.
- Take temperatures of foods for each meal and document.
- Check daily temperatures of cooler/freezer and document.
- Record meal substitutions, if applicable.
- Maintain effective communication with residents, families and facility staff.
- Must have knowledge of quantity and quality cooking.
- Must be knowledgeable of portion control and quality assurance.
- Must have knowledge of modified diets.
- Must have knowledge regarding ordering and/or purchasing of food items.
- Must be familiar with Board of Health regulations.
- Must be able to communicate with fellow employees and with Food Service Director and other departments.
- Able to read, write and understand instruction.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.