Who we are:
Collective Medical is a fast-growing Utah-based company determined to prove that exceptionally crafted software and passionate healthcare providers and health plans, together, can improve the health of some of the most vulnerable members of our community.
Our software closes the communication gaps that undermine patient care. We help healthcare professionals work together more seamlessly so that they can deliver a better care experience to their patients. Our network is nationwide. We serve every national health plan, hundreds of hospitals and health systems, tens of thousands of providers, and tens of millions of patients.
The result? Our software is proven to reduce the cost of care, streamline coordination across provider teams, and reduce medically-unnecessary hospital visits.
Eliminate avoidable risk and friction from care delivery. In other words, we work to catch people before they fall through the cracks of our very complicated healthcare system.
Why we love working here, in the words of our own team:
· “We have good, smart, humble, caring people. The people here are good and they care about our mission and the difference we're making in health Care.”
· “I see the benefits my work provides. The people here are amazing. I feel empowered to succeed.”
· “I feel like what we do matters and the employees are working together not against each other!”
Other reasons we love working here:
· It’s all. about. the. MISSION. Seriously, we are a highly mission-driven company.
· The cause is noble and pure.
· We’re obsessed with culture, people, and opportunity.
· At or above-market compensation.
· Unlimited PTO.
· Generous benefit package including company-sponsored healthcare, dental, vision, disability, life-insurance, 401K.
· Gym membership reimbursement
· Loaded break room, Monday lunches, and lots of other meals throughout.
· Quarterly team and company events
Our software development team at Collective Medical is rapidly growing, and we need top Engineers who want to join our team. We’re looking for passionate and talented developers to join us. We value people who make technology a way of life and who push the boundaries on what’s possible.
We’re looking for a Java Engineer. If you thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, if you want to create and develop novel software solutions, if you enjoy developing technologies that have immediate and measurable impact on the business, if you are innovative and can solve big problems and if you know how to leverage software to help a growing and dynamic business succeed—We want to talk to you.
As a Software Developer with Collective Medical, you will be given tremendous opportunity to innovate and contribute your ideas. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. We believe strongly in self-organization, mentoring, and sharing of knowledge and expertise.
Who you’ll work with:
You will be part of our growing team of top Engineers with the ability to directly impact the success of the organization. You’ll report to our Director of Software Engineering and will work closely with our Product, QA and Devops teams.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
· Analyzing requirements
· Helping assess estimates from Engineers
· Daily code reviews with team
· Sprint meetings, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives
· Develop & support solutions in unique and innovative ways
· Complex integrations with distributed systems
· Assure availability and scalability of solutions
· Support peers in implementing new software solutions
· Translate business requirements into real-world technology solutions
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE
· 2+ years of experience developing software professionally
· Experience working in an Agile software development environment
· Top Java coding proficiency
· Experience with Spring & REST services
· Familiarity with application containers – Tomcat, Wildfly, Docker
· Web UI coding experience – Angular
· DB integration experience – MySQL, Hibernate, myBatis
· Knowledge of Eclipse/IntelliJ and GIT
What success would look like in this role:
· Developing a good cadence with your team
· Engaging peers outside of software development to demonstrate completed work
· Technical proficiency
· Participation in initiatives that are cross-cutting
· Interpreting intent of business and product requirements
· Strong understanding of business
· Developing relationships with the Product team and other internal groups
Find out more about us:
Collective Medical empowers care teams to improve patient outcomes by closing the communication gaps that undermine patient care through seamless collaboration. With a nationwide network covering every national health plan in the country, hundreds of hospitals and health systems and tens of thousands of providers—including hospitals, emergency departments, skilled nursing facilities, primary care providers, mental and behavioral health clinics, and others—Collective Medical’s system-agnostic platform is trusted by healthcare organizations and payers to identify at-risk and complex patients and facilitate actionable collaboration to make better care decisions and improve outcomes. Based in Salt Lake City, Collective Medical is proven to streamline transitions of care, improve coordination across diverse care teams, and reduce unnecessary hospital admissions. Learn more at www.collectivemedicaltech.com and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.