Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As Office Administrator, you will work closely with and support office leadership, administrative staff, and project teams to keep the office operating smoothly. This full-time position supports our Environmental Services (ES) team in our 40-person Cottage Grove, WI office. Helping employees to do their best work, you will interface with internal staff such as office leadership, administrative staff, technical environmental professionals, corporate functional support teams (i.e., marketing and business development, health and safety, human resources, accounts payable, and information services), and external clients and consultants.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparing, reviewing, formatting, technical/copy editing, and printing of documents that include but are not limited to reports, letters, proposals, agendas, meeting minutes, newsletters, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Serving as the office liaison with corporate functional support teams including the marketing and business development team; health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) team; human resources business partners; talent acquisition consultants; accounts payable team; and information services team. This includes fielding and assisting with technical questions and service requests.
- Acting as the Office Safety and Environment Coordinator (OSEC) and serving as the local resource for the HSSE program. Understand and communicate the HSSE Key Performance Indicator scorecard requirements, coordinate trainings, run practice drills, communicate HSSE initiatives, assist in facility and office inspections as required, and post and distribute HSSE program documents.
- Participating in and supporting weekly internal consultant team meetings through follow-up action items.
- Onboarding of new employees, as well as organizing annual training for all employees.
- Assisting staff with travel arrangements and expense report submittals.
- Assisting with proposal preparation, coordinating and ordering marketing materials, and preparing for conferences and trade shows.
- Assisting project managers with ISO-9001 Quality Management System compliance and internal/external project audits.
- Coordinating meetings and agendas, including reserving conference rooms; preparing A/V equipment; sending and tracking meeting, webinar and training invitations; and coordinating food orders.
- Ordering, maintaining, and tracking office and rental equipment and supplies to ensure proper functionality and availability.
- Keeping shared office spaces organized and maintaining general office upkeep.
- Representing office interests in relationships with external suppliers and contractors as necessary to keep the office running smoothly (e.g., HVAC, cleaning company, exterminator, FedEx).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ethics and leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage risks and safety appropriately.
- Positive can-do attitude, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Solution focused, with a strong willingness to understand and respond to staff and business needs.
- Initiative to solve problems independently and creatively. Ability to make sound decisions and deal with issues without requiring input from others.
- Proficiency and advanced skills within the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, set priorities, and make timely decisions.
- Must be organized, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to manage workflow in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to prioritize and balance workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment.
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with office leadership, project teams, functional teams, clients, and vendors to successfully meet shifting needs.
Education and Experience
Post secondary degree in related field with minimum of 2-3 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience managing the daily operations of a professional services office environment.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Cottage Grove
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000018B