BDO's Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
As a team member in our Alternative Investments practice, you will assist in providing tax compliance & consulting services to our Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, and Real Estate clients.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- More than two (2) years of prior tax experience required
- Financial Services industry experience supporting Alternative Investment funds including: Venture Capital, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Hedge Funds preferred
- Proficiency in the taxation of partnerships preferred
- Working towards CPA, CFP, Masters in Tax, or JD
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Experience with tax research databases preferred
- Proficient in tax compliance process software preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions as directed by members of Tax Team
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance