Love being around people and making them happy? Good at finding just the right thing to complete an outfit? As part of our sales team, you'll do just that, bringing the Magic of Macy's to life for our customers. Every day brings new challenges and excitement, and every customer interaction gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: find solutions and provide exceptional customer service. ... More “
So if you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
As a Seasonal Retail Men's Shoes Associate, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of Macy's to life. Seasonal Retail Men's Shoes Associates provide outstanding customer service, meet hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrate superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Retail Men's Shoes Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal Retail Men's Shoes Associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications; proactively create enhanced shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration
- Handle more difficult customer requests
- Develop extensive product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets
- Attend additional training classes in order to communicate product benefits to the customer
- Be aware of back stock and fill as needed
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- Must be able to function as part of a team.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas, based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. – including Macy's and Bloomingdale's – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Help make life