The Seasonal Line Cook’s primary responsibility is to prepare hot and cold food for customer’s consumption according to company and Health Department standards. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Produce and present cravable food products, cooked to order by following recipes to the letter or build sheets according to company standards
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of all recipes, and executing within time standards
- Put away stock according to standards
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food products
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed and customer service standards are maintained
- Maintain a safe work area
- Assist with special events
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- One year of previous restaurant/hospitality experience is required.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: This position is exposed to sharp objects such as knives and scissors. This position is also exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space. This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as grills and ovens. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.