The Business Partner provides direction and guidance to their business partners to enable the best information technology (IT) solutions that meet the business needs. The position bridges the gap between business partners and technology solution providers.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business partners and acts as a liaison between information services teams and the business partner
- Provides education to new partners with regards to IT service offerings
- Promotes business projects and value to the IT leaders and community
- Deﬁnes, prioritizes, and sponsors program and project initiatives
- Tracks ROI for business initiatives including cost, beneﬁts, and risk
- Deﬁnes new services to support business needs
- Participates in development of business strategic planning and leads IT strategic planning
- Assists in the development of metrics used to track value delivery
- Provides details on cost, value, and opportunity to optimize IT spend (initiatives and support services)
- Communicates business needs with appropriate IT solution center to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
- Gathers high-level business requirements and deﬁnes scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
- Leads in the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions
- Establishes initial vendor relationships and maintains a forward-looking view of vendor direction
- Interfaces with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet business requirements
- Monitors that the solution center is meeting the partner's expectations
- Reﬁnes SLAs based on business need
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Combines a general knowledge of multiple technology areas with knowledge of the targeted business function to deﬁne and document the business requirements
- Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where conﬂicts/synergies exist between technologies and business functions
- Ensures alignment with the IT solution center
- Participates in strategic planning for the upcoming financial year
- Monitors and manages financials for areas of responsibility
- Manages approvals and escalations within IT & Business Partner organizations
- Excellent knowledge of IT general practices and methods with specialized knowledge in multiple technical disciplines such as, data center operations, telecommunications, network, database and systems architecture.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including small group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years functional experience.
- 5-7 years managerial experience.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word “Experian“ is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans