Technical Support Administrator - Customer Success
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL Digital Solutions is seeking a Technical Support Administrator to take call, email, or case from customer related to a question or problem that they have with the software. The support person needs to collect all relevant data about the case operating system, version of the software, how often it occurs, any logs or messages. The support person will research and collaborate with the team on the appropriate response then communicate this with the customer. This position is based at our office in Corvallis, OR.
Tasks May Include
- Take call, email, or case from customer related to a question or problem that they have with the application
- Collect all relevant data about the case operating system, version of the software, how often it occurs, any logs or messages
- Communicate with other internal groups on customer related problems with the application
- Test the application
- Create and maintain FAQ related to the application
- Provide class room training on the application
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Training in Information Technology a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 1 year of troubleshooting experience in a Windows client server environment OR 1 year of operational/technical experience in the electric utility industry required
- Troubleshooting experience in a web applications and/or cloud environment preferred
- Experience in a DevOps environment preferred
- Basic database skills including SQL preferred
- Ability to guide non-technical person through technical steps to resolve a problem over the phone
- Ability to do documentation review and edits
- Need the ability to guide a user through the on-screen user interface
- Be on phone calls/web meetings for multiple hours working on a case
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: