Software Consultant - Electric Grid
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Digital Solutions is seeking a professional in electric grid asset management and reliability to plan, configure, implement, and train for DNV GL’s Cascade software suite, and its various interfaces to industry diagnostic software. These Cascade implementations will include new customer Cascade system implementations, existing customer upgrades, Cascade module and third-party industry interface add-ons, other applications in the Cascade suite, refresher and new employee training, and Cascade integration planning.
The software consultant will work closely with our electric utility customers, the EGRP delivery and consulting manager, other team members, data analysts/engineers, client technical support, product development, and sales to meet the aspirations of the business plan, and operational delivery as the company moves towards web-based and SaaS solutions.
Tasks may Include
- Software Implementations and Services
- Participation in onsite project planning workshop/kickoff meetings to define project requirements
- Software configuration and support
- Integration to 3rd party systems including:
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Work with integration developers regarding design, testing, delivery
- Periodic project status/progress calls
- Onsite and/or remote software installations
- Coordination of data imports with data team members
- Preparation and delivery of customer training sessions
- Onsite and/or remote system administration
- General project management of existing longer-term and/or smaller projects owned by team
- Business Development Support
- Preparation and delivery of software demonstrations
- Proposal/Statement of Work development including project estimation
- Configuration and data preparation of software to be used for sales demonstrations
- Proof of concept development
- Contribution to product development for future software solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or greater required, preferably in the area of Electrical Engineering
- Experience installing and supporting applications in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience in the electric utility industry
- Experience implementing software solutions
- Experience working with large commercial databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Anywhere with moderate or better SQL skills
- Willingness to travel within the region 15% and internationally 5%
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience and skills (technically and commercially) from the electric utility industry
- Electric grid industry asset management, maintenance, reliability, and compliance experience.
- Experience working with or administering Cascade is highly desirable
- Experience with other key products in DNV GL’s Cascade suite including Cascade Inspector, LOAD, CARE, Insight, Foresight, and Cascade Viewer
- Experience with third-party diagnostic testing systems such as Doble, PowerBase, TOA4, PI Historian, and FLIR.
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more.
Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: